Ok - first off, I'd like to say that I will endevour to update this dev journal for Savage much more frequently and on schedule (which I'll get to later - probably every Friday). That will keep me going on this project and force me to produce a playable demo very soon. Cautious optimism is my bestest friend.
Anyhoo, on to the updates! (in bulleted form for now, with some screenies)
- Completely scrapped and redesigned the engine with more efficient code and to make everything more feature friendly
- Fine tuned and added new animations (new attacks of all kinds and states, lifting, carrying, pulling, pushing, skidding)
- Added a humble lighting engine where a "fire" object illuminates and casts shadows
- Created a player naming system
- New text system with dialogue trees
- Started on a melee impact system
- Widescreen format
- Ramps, stairs, ledges
- Created and added some menu and dialogue box sounds
So, there we have it - ugly untiled graphics and all. More to come soon!