Apologies for the radio silence through August! Long story short: a series of obnoxious and painful mouth problems culminated in the removal of my wisdom teeth. I expected there to be a degree of recovery time, but it hit me harder than I anticipated. Anyway, good riddance!
I did manage to get a few things done through August along with a bunch more this month - so, onto the good stuff!
AVAST! Ship Travel!
- The player can now board (and dock) ships and travel to areas otherwise inaccessible!
- The ocean is now populated with Argeshii navy, mercenary ships, pirates, and other unsavory entities.
- (On a technical note) Had to engineer a way to invert collision masks with land vs. water where appropriate, i.e., whether the player is on land or sea.
New Scenes and Encounters! New Art Assets, Baddies!
- New ship and underwater scenes
- New ship tilesets, underwater tilesets, and background artwork
- Shark enemies (variety of species and appropriate abilities)
- Crab enemies (crabs can also spawn with one giant pincer that they can use for defence - this pincer can be severed or destroyed by the player!)
- Water physics, water breathing (some baddies can drown!), and "swimming"!
- New water effects, like splashes, bubbles, wave type shaders, blood effects
HAVIN' A SHELL OF A TIME (... sorry again)!
- OMG GIANT CRAB MONSTER
So - a LOT done, but still tons to do content-wise. I'll keep you all posted as I continue to flesh this game out!
Thanks for reading!